Statement of Purpose
The Economic Council of Okeechobee is a non-profit, non-governmental, non-partisan organization which strives to...
- Act as a catalyst between the public and private sectors to foster dialogue, planning, and action
- Involve the economic, political, and social processes of the County
- Comprise the top industry, business, and professional leaders of the community
- Promote principles of good government and good citizenship
- Provide a forum for open discussion of matters of public interest
- Encourage service-minded individuals to serve their community
It all started when...
In 1990, twelve prominent members of the local business community banded together for the purpose of providing concerned business owners with a united voice that would be heard by the City, County, and the State of Florida.
Our members serve on various committees each with different goals in mind.
Quality of Life Committee
The Quality of Life Committee strives to improve and increase communications among the membership of our organization as well as the community. The committee seeks to both articulate the Council’s positions on local issues and inform the membership and community of noteworthy news regarding our mission. The Committee focuses on recognizing and monitoring major issues impacting Okeechobee. These subject areas vary in focus from landscaping and beautification, environmental issues and concerns, education and our youth, and tourism and recreation.
Governmental Affairs Committee
The Government Committee strives to develop, enact and influence public policy in order to enhance the business climate and working environment for business owners and citizens of Okeechobee. One of the committee’s main goals is to act as a positive catalyst for dialogue, planning and action between both the public and private sectors.